Saturday, December 29, 2012

updates

its beeen a while
i ended up selling the rebuilt l28 bottom end, headers, and some of the other parts.  Ill sell the rest soon
reason being is that it would have required too much reworking of the suspension to make it fit.  and it would have been terrible to drift which is what I want to do with it.  not much has been sone with the s13, just painting and cleaning parts and putting the engine bay back together.  mostly all the front suspention is in and the brakes and everything. ill put some pictures up when im back from tahoe.

other than that, the sc300 has been great. driving it all the time. I now have a bucket seat in it.  feels better for drifting in.  i cut the springs, i know, not the right way to do it, but its until I get coilovers.  I got wheels, 4 more bbs's so not I have 6 which I will use to make 4 wheels and sell the remaining parts.

some stuff copied from build thread
so now i have the option of flaring/ widebody the lexus and going with the negative offset option of the wheels or running stock body and rolled fenders and running the positive 12j in the back and the very positive 9j in the front (maybe with a bit of spacers)

heres what the 12j with negative offset looked like. to give you an idea, with the stock rear fenders, there was more than 5" from the outside of the fenders to the end of the wheel lip. with about -1 or 2 degrees negative camber


therefore more camber and flares of some sort and stretch should work alright.  and i forgot to mention, the wheels were already drilled to 5x114 which is sweet



these are the ones with the larger lip size 8j +11 i think

 and these are 8j +40, same as the two I have on my car already
I will be selling all of my 1.5" lips (i think thats what they are)

for now im thinking of running the + offset option and keeping stock but rolled fenders and seeing what it is like
thats it for now, more to come soon,
thanks for viewing
-scott

No comments:

Post a Comment